Who isn’t searching for a magic potion that can result in fast weight loss? After all, isn’t being more fit and healthy what we all seek? But losing weight is not such a difficult process…at least in theory it isn’t! What does best weight loss entail? It simply involves burning off more calories than you consume every single day, and before you start thinking we are trying to encourage you to go for crash diets, No…we are offering you a safer and better approach to permanent weight loss. And we all know that crash diets never give you permanent weight loss.
With winters going full swing, we all are bundled in thick overcoats and jackets and enjoying warm comfort food. But what about when summer comes rolling by? You definitely will not fit in those hot summer dresses and those cut off shorts you splurged on last sale season if you continue your winter binging. Only because you can hide behind layers of coat for the time being, doesn’t mean you start thinking. Oh I’ll just go on a crash diet once summer sets in!” That is where your weight gain woes begin. And that is where we will nip them in the bud.
So, go on and read our simple to do tips which will ensure you have a leaner, fitter body by the time summer comes by and your friends envy you not just for your wardrobe choices, but for your body too!
Tips for fast weight loss without crash diet
- To begin with, accept the fact the fast weight loss isn’t as easy as you’d like it to be. There is no magic potion, no wonder pill that can miraculously melt away those pounds you have been packing. Prepare yourself to sweat, to be exhausted and be starved and to be cranky; because that is what it takes to be determined enough to lose all that weight! To be prepared in mind makes your job half as easy – so get motivated!
- You have heard it said a million times and you have seen movie stars swear by it. Now get ready to practice portion control. Because we promise, there is no way to lose weight until and unless you can control those cravings. And we don’t want you to go on a crash diet or starve your body of the flavors you so love, so we aren’t recommending a strict diet. We just recommend portion control, which means you can eat everything, but only in moderation. Have breads, but a small piece. Have desserts, but only a little portion. If you want anything to go supersize, make that your salad.
- You can eat everything you want, only reduce the quantity to half. Eating 6 smaller meals is way better for your metabolism than eating 3 larger meals. So, for example, if your breakfast comprised of 3 large eggs, 4 slices of white bread toast smeared with butter and a glass of juice, it is time to make healthier choices. Change your breakfast to 2 egg whites, 2 slices of wholegrain toast and a small cup of milk. And then again, you can have a glass of freshly squeezed juice or a bowl of yogurt at mid-morning. This way, you get 2 smaller meals, both of which are nutritious and healthy as well as satisfying to keep your body energized and free from cravings.
- Add more fruit and veggies to your diet. If your regular lunch was a cafeteria served sandwich with a large milkshake, time to change that too! Pack a light sandwich made with whole wheat bread and low fat spreads and eat it with a side of salad. For dessert, forget that chocolate bar you love and go for an apple or pear. More fruits in your body mean more fiber. The body needs to work harder to digest food with fiber, which means you burn calories just because you ate that food! Food for thought, huh?
- Aim for a 30 minute workout, 5 days in a week. This means that you do a workout you enjoy. It could be going to the gym, bicycling, walking, jogging or swimming. Missed one session? Don’t sweat it! Go to the mall and go window shopping instead! All that walking will pay off!
- Understand the difference between good carbs and bad carbs. You don’t want carbohydrates that are simple – like white breads and pastas. These digest too readily, giving your body too much energy and sugar, which when not utilized gets converted to fat. So stick to complex carbohydrates, like brown rice, wholegrain breads and brown pasta. Even potatoes are a great source of complex carbs, provided you cook them right. Don’t use oil or butter for your potatoes – switch fries for mashed potatoes and see the difference.
- Aim to have dinner by 7 pm max if you want fast weight loss. This way, by the time you hit the bed your body has digested the food and used up all the energy. If you feel very hungry just before bedtime, munch on an apple.
And that is all! Try our simple tips and we assure you that you will not struggle with your weight anymore!